So I’ve recently been nominated for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award!
I must admit I’m still not up on the WordPress way of life, and don’t understand awards very well. BUT from what I’ve seen you just make a post following the rules, which are below:
Here is how to receive this award: the instructions…
- Link back to the person who nominated you
- Post the award image on your page
- Tell seven (7) random facts about yourself
- Nominate fifteen (15) other blogs
I was first nominated (a month ago, really) by blogger terry1954, who writes about daily experiences and often does the Daily Post prompts 🙂 I love the compassion and trust in God that I often find in her posts. Thanks for the nomination, Terry! And I’m sorry I originally didn’t know what to do with it! 🙂
The second time I got nominated made me realize there was some sort of response involved. Ha! A week or so ago I was nominated by afreshmind, who is a good friend in real life. He writes about a range of topics, all discussing his thoughts on God and the world around him. He’s one of the best writers I know. Thanks for the award, bro!
7 facts about me?
- I love public transportation
- I’m addicted to grace
- Fast food is not my thing
- I’m happiest a) when I’m performing/singing or b) when the sun is shining
- I’m starting to think I may never own an umbrella for longer than a week without breaking it
- Brown eyes are my favorite kind of eyes
- I have a silly, unique (translation — strange) sense of humor
And NOW, 15 blogs to pass the torch to. Well, like I said above I’m not really the girl who’s up on wordpress enough to regularly read other blogs (maybe I will someday if I’m ever a stay-at-home mom or something…). But for now, in my college-lyfe-induced ignorance of the blogosphere, I’ll nominate for the good things I DO know 🙂 No partic order:
1. JUMP FOR JOY! Photo project – great blog that’s always uplifting (heh… see what I did there) because of the quotes and the pictures of people jumping are legitmately, really cool.
2. Brad – This dude. Lemme tell ya. His blogs are life updates and daily musings, and they’re always so encouraging/inspiring because of his positive and compassionate outlook. Did I mention he’s a childhood friend and goes to my school? Great guy, great blog.
3. Sara – She doesn’t update her blog very often but when she does, it’s great. This girl is definitely one that comes to mind when I think of inspiring people. She was on my summer project two summers ago, and although I don’t get to talk to her much, she’s one of the most fun, caring people and so dear to my heart. She is a social work major and has a huge heart for special needs kids. I love hearing her talk about this! ❤
4. Ashley – Are we allowed to link non-Wordpress blogs? Well, I’m doing it anyways. This lady always provides refreshing perspective and I love seeing her thought processes as she updates her blog. A good friend in real life, and truly inspiring to me 🙂
5. *bellaMUMMA – This is a girly blog if I ever saw one! Lots of beauty and home tips, I like to drop in every now and then.
6. The Wren Project – This past year the blog “sought to show that everything around us and within us is interesting and holds immense experiential value and worth.” Totally so very cool! She’s also joined the fight against human trafficking… win win win win win. Love the posts I’ve read, and I’m excited to see what comes with 2013.
7. Boy Meets Europe – He only has like three posts and they’re already making me even more excited to travel this semester! This is the blog of Nick, who I have met once and will be in Spain with for the next three months. He’ll be documenting his travels, so follow him if you want a better documentation of my trip than I can (or will) probably provide! 😛
8. Lois Eighmy – This woman is a serious soldier in the fight against human trafficking. She also is just an inspiring person all-around, you can tell just by reading her “about me“. Love her posts and hope to read more this year.
10. Coffee Chats & Yoga Mats – I like this blog because 1) It’s funny. 2) She likes coffee and teaches fitness classes. 3) She loves God. Okay, NO, I’m not nominating myself! (I’m not funny, remember?) BUT yes, miss Cortney Kay and I have a lot in common. Guess that’s why I followed her :). You should follow her too.
Okay people, I would go all the way to 15 but I’m pretty sure I’m runnin’ out of steam here. Thanks so much again for the nominations! I feel honored because I’m not even as dedicated of a blogger as many of you out there in the ‘sphere, but guess I’m doin’ something right?! Here’s to a new year of blogging and renewed high hopes for consistency. 🙂
Blog post comin’ tomorrow to transition into a travel blog 🙂